OPEN CALL FOR ART: responding to the word BLUE.
PLEASE LOGIN TO YOUR ENTRY THINGY ACCOUNT TO APPLY TO THIS OPEN CALL. IF YOU ARE NEW TO ENTRY THINGY YOU MUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO APPLY. ONCE LOGGED IN YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO THE APPLICATION
Winter is in full swing and what better way to celebrate bone chilling temperatures and beat the winter blues than to invite artists to submit works that respond to the word BLUE. Artists may submit works with a concentration of blue color or the emotion of feeling blue or respond to or connect in some way to the word BLUE. The Exhibit will take place in February at Gallery 66 NY. Artworks juried by Gary Jacketti, see below for information on Juror.
Gallery 66 NY, is an award winning gallery in the Hudson Valley, NY, voted “Best Art Gallery” in the Hudson Valley by Hudson Valley Magazine, voted “20 Best Places” to visit by Kids Out and About. The Gallery has been featured in the NY Times Metropolitan section, Hudson Valley Magazine, WAG Magazine, Chronogram Magazine, The Poughkeepsie Journal, HV Biz Journal, The Times Herald Record to name a few.
Deadline for submissions January 14th 11:59 pm
Jury Fee $30 for 3 works and $5 for each additional work submitted.
Submission deadline: Jan. 14
Accepted Notices sent out – Jan. 21
Exhibition Dates Feb. 3 – Feb. 26
Opening Reception Feb. 3, 2017 from 6-9 pm
Submit here http://www.entrythingy.com/www.gallery66ny.com
- Artists must reside within the United States. •Media is open to traditional, mixed media and non traditional materials. Excluded materials- no cd’s, films or digital works requiring equipment to play. Original artworks only. No giclee’s or reproductions please.
- Sculpture is limited no larger than 24″ x 24″base and no taller than 6 feet. We do have pedestals.
- Works may not exceed 36″ in width.
- Works must be ready to hang with wire. No sawtooth hangers.
- Notification of accepted work (Jan. 21st)
- Accepted mailed artwork must arrive between (Jan. 25-28th)
- Hand delivered works accepted on (Friday27th, Sat.28th, Sun. 29th 12-5pmonly).
- Works mailed must include return postage in a returnable container. No styrofoam peanuts.
- Pickup of unsold work that was hand delivered (after 5 pmSunday Feb. 26 or Monday Feb 27 10am- 5 pm.)
Eligibility: Open to all Artists in the U.S.; emerging, mid-career and established.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & ENTRY FEES:
- *Please enter 1-3 images for a $30.00 submission fee.
- *Each artwork may be supported with 2 alternate side photos if your work is 3-dimenional only.
- *If you wish to submit more than 3 artworks, it is an additional $5 per entry image.
- *Please send jpegs a minimum of 500 KB and a maximum of 1mb per photo. NO images over 1 MB.
- *Label each jpeg with the following: artists name,title,media,dimensions.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow the instructions to enter your submission and upload your images
- Questions about the exhibition? Email Barbara – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note the gallery reserves the right to refuse to hang work that does not represent the submitted image(s) or arrives in unacceptable hanging or framing condition.
Juror: Gary Jacketti
Gary Jacketti, is a classically trained sculptor in Rome and France. He received a BFA from Tyler School of Art in Phil, PA (cum Laude), and a Med Art from Kutztown University, PA (summa cum laude). Jacketti is the owner of Beacon Art Shortwave Gallery in Stone Harbor, NJ and the co-founder of BAU Gallery in Beacon, NY. His public commissions include lifesize bronze sculptures – Goodbye, U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY; Tomodachi Yokota AFB, Tokyo, Japan; Neu Kunst im Alten Mauern, Abensburg, Germany; Soldier of CMTC, Hohenfels, Germany; and Girl, Avalon, NJ.
Gallery 66 NY, 66 Main St., Cold Spring, NY, email@example.com, www.gallery66ny.com,
Gallery Director Barbara Galazzo